Goodwin Room (2)
Goodwin Room (3)
This room, which has a separate outside entrance, is of dimensions 7 metres by 5 metres. In shape it is the mirror image of the east drawing-room. The total floor area is approximately 34 square metres.
In the past this room has been let to a small company. However, it is available for rental at the moment.
The room is named after the late AJH Goodwin (1900-1959), who was professor of Archaeology at the University of Cape Town and is famous for his systematic classification of Southern African prehistoric rock art.
Professor Goodwin’s obituary was published in The South African Archaeological Bulletin Vol. 14, No. 56 (Dec. 1959), pp. 123-125.